Mole Valley District Council (“MVDC”) is the body exercising control over the purpose for which and the manner in which your personal data provided for the Mole Valley Arts Alive Festival is processed.
Data Controller’s contact details:
MVDC Pippbrook, Dorking RH4 1SJ. Telephone: 01306 885 001.
Data Protection Officer:
Mr Tom Penlington (Solicitor): Telephone: 01306 879 354
The legal basis for and the purposes of the processing:
MVDC is able to process your personal data in order to organise the Arts Alive festival because it is exercising an official authority vested in MVDC as the data controller. Specifically, MVDC has the ability to provide assistance for recreational events. The extent of this power is set out in [the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 (s19)].
MVDC can also process your personal information because this is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or to take steps at your request prior to the contract being concluded.
The source of the personal data:
All personal information held about you will be collected directly from you or a member of your organisation.
Recipients and categories of recipients of the personal data:
1) MVDC staff involved in the administration and management of the Arts Alive festival.
2) The Arts Alive committee. This is an independent committee made up of 3 Honorary Officers, Mole Valley Arts and Communities Officer, up to 6 Festival participants and a co-opted member, whose constitution confirms the following objectives:
a. To organise an annual community arts festival during the month of October to include the performing arts, visual arts and craft, literature and comedy.
b. To provide an opportunity for members of the community to get involved.
c. To appoint a patron who lends his/her name for marketing and promotional purposes.
d. To encourage local arts groups and societies to get involved.
e. To promote the festival as a whole using a variety of marketing tools and to publish a dedicated programme of events.
f. To manage the budget and to work towards the Festival’s sustainability.
g. To evaluate the festival and to work towards its improvement and progress.
h. To seek sponsorship and funding.
3) Capricorn Wordprocessing. This is a home based business operated by a Sole Proprietor. Its role in the Arts Alive festival is as follows:
a. To arrange the text for the programme/brochure publicising the events taking place as part of Arts Alive,
b. To liaise with event holders to ensure their listings are accurate,
c. To prepare a spreadsheet which will include the above personal details, and to pass this to MVDC and to the Arts Alive committee,
d. To list the events taking place as part of the Arts Alive Festival,
The final information for the Arts Alive brochure will also be processed by the designers and printers who produce the brochure. This is currently Vantage Publishing Limited.
The Arts Alive Committee and Capricorn Wordprocessing are Data Processors. They will not process your personal information unless this is on written instructions from MVDC. Data Processing Agreements will set out the terms of the processing by these organisations.
Further information on onward transfers:
MVDC will not transfer the personal data you have provided outside of the UK or EU.
How long the personal data will be kept for:
The personal data you have supplied will be destroyed in accordance with MVDC’s Data Retention Policy  year after the end of the Arts Alive Festival for which it relates.
Statutory Obligations to provide the personal data:
There is no statutory obligation on you to provide any personal data about you, however, if you do not it may not be possible to include your proposed event within the Arts Alive Festival for that year.
Automated Decision Making:
The personal data provided by you will not be used for any automated decisions.
Data Subject Rights:
You have some specific rights in respect of your personal data. These may include some or all of the following rights to:
· see what personal data about you MVDC holds at any time (subject to certain caveats, for example where third parties are identified);
· have MVDC correct any errors (if any) in the personal data it holds about you;
· request your personal data is erased (though this right is subject to some caveats which we will inform about (if relevant) when your application for erasure is received.
· request processing of your personal data is restricted (this will only apply in certain situations, for example where its accuracy is contested, where the processing is unlawful and the you oppose its proposed erasure by MVDC, or where MVDC no longer needs to process the personal data, but it is required by you in connection with legal claims);
· object to the processing where the processing is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller (though MVDC will still be able to continue with the processing in certain circumstances, such as if there are compelling grounds for the processing which over ride your interests).
Will the personal data be processed for a different purpose?
No. If MVDC needs to inform recipients about any action it has taken under the Data Protection Act then it will do so by placing a Notice on MVDC’s website informing the public of any relevant changes.
If you are dissatisfied with how your personal data is processed by MVDC then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner who can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
The Mole Valley Arts Alive website is maintained by MVDC. This privacy and cookies policy applies to information the council may collect from you when submitting information via an e form. It does not apply to any sites the council or Arts Alive links to.
MVDC has been asked to provide further information about the cookies used on the site.
When you visit the website, some details are recorded from your web browser for statistical purposes.
For more information about the GDPR, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website
Google Analytics sets cookies to help MVDC accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and the volumes of usage.
The cookies MVDC uses for this purpose are:
Name: _utma; Typical Content: Randomly generated number; Expires: Two years
Name: _utmb; Typical Content: Randomly generated number; Expires: Thirty Minutes
Name: _utmc; Typical Content: Randomly generated number; Expires: When user exits browser
Name: _utmz; Typical Content: Randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached for example directly or via a link, paid search etc); Expires; Six months
Additional Terms and Conditions
The Arts Alive Committee and Mole Valley District Council make every effort to ensure that the information on the Arts Alive website is accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or inconvenience caused by reliance on inaccurate material contained therein.
Links to other websites
Links to other sites are provided for your convenience and do not imply the Arts Alive Committee or Mole Valley District Council’s endorsement of them. We cannot be responsible for any information contained on other websites. We can not guarantee that all external links will work all the time and can not be held responsible for the availability of such linked pages.
We cannot accept responsibility for events we publicise on the Arts Alive website that are not organised by Arts Alive, or Mole Valley District Council.